(0 comments)

I have American Chestnut log room. It has a sticky covering that weeps from logs. How do I remove it so I can seal logs. I’ve tried krud cutter, bleach, rubbing alcohol, paint thinner. Nothing works! I think they’re covered in a tar or linseed oil. They’re terrible! Can you help?

It's called resin bleed and there really isn't much you can do for it.  It normally doesn't show up on the interior unless the room is kept very warm.  It can last for 30+ years and never stop.

Comments

There are currently no comments

New Comment

required

required (not published)

optional

required

required

Monthly Maintenance Tips
Get your FREE monthly log home repair and maintenance tip via email by signing up now!